Saturday, June 20, 2009

Happy Fathers Day...A true to life story

Men, its fathers day, just greeted my dad "MALIGAYANG ARAW NG MGA TATAY!"(translation happy fathers day in PH -.-')... and yet my father is not with me right now... how sad. hu3. He is working abroad right now. Its been 2 months since he left and i already missed him. Well, I have funny relationship with my father.

My dad only goes home to Philippines only about once a year. He works as an Engineer there in Saudi Arabia. A million miles away from us. Growing up without my father at my side is quite complicated. BTW, He is very a stubborn guy. And very strict in everything i do.... He always give curfew in using the net, the TV, especially on WYD! I get punished because i got HIGH GRADES IN CLASS (yeah, im one of the best student in college) while playing WYD full time, oO. Regardless of my academic performance, i get punished for staying up in my laptop for too long... ><. In my opinion, he just jealous i have the best of both worlds. That why i find it very funny instead of getting mad at my dad. Men, he is mean. I have to extend my greatest patience to him. I dont wanna hurt his feeling. This drawing that I draw explain everything. A little competition inside the house... very childish but i find it very funny competing with my dad in everything he does around the house. One thing for sure he doesnt know is how to play a video game. 1 point for me XP. Thats one thing i enjoy when im with my dad. Also behind those grumpy faces, i can still see in him how much he cares for me.... Dad: Watch and Learn Kiddo
Son: Whatever GRAMPS, i still love u DAD. BTW, thanks for saving me from those PKers.
Dad: NP, Anything for son




Yeah, i cant wait for my DAD to come back to his work there in Saudi.... I cant play WYD properly. I missed a lot of Guild Wars and Kingdom Wars



And then, the day he left for his work.... My dad is on his way back to Saudi. I just stared at him until i can no longer see the Taxi he is riding on the way to the airport. Suddenly, flashbacks of times i spend with him suddenly came to my mind. At that moment, i realize how important my father is to me. You will never understand the value of someone not until you realize that it is already gone. Yeah, its a sad ending for me. The worst part of it is that i never given a chance to say how much i love my dad. But i know we will see each other again someday. The cycle between my dad and me will occur again. XP. Im looking forward for that cycle to happen again.

So for those who still have there father with them, now is the time to show toyour dad how much you love him while you still have a chance. You will never understand the value of someone not until you realize that it is already gone. Happy Fathers Day.

i dedicate this post to my dad... i love u dad.














FATHER AND SON

Here in the video is me singing Father and Son by Ronan Keating. One of my old time favorite songs... It took my a lot of guts to sing this song and post it here XP. But anything for my dad. Besides it FATHERS DAY!... i hope you enjoy it.




Father and Son Lyrics

Artist(Band):Ronan Keating
(Feat. Yusuf Islam (Cat Stevens))

Father
It's not time to make a change
Just relax, take it easy
You're still young, that's your fault
There's so much you have to know
Find a girl, settle down
If you want you can marry
Look at me, I am old, but I'm happy

I was once like you are now
and I know that it's not easy
To be calm when you've found something going on
But take your time, think a lot
Think of everything you've got
For you will still be here tomorrow, but your dreams may not

Son
How can I try to explain, when I do he turns away again
It's always been the same, same old story
From the moment I could talk I was ordered to listen
Now there's a way and I know that I have to go away
I know I have to go

Father
I was once like you are now
and I know that it's not easy
To be calm when you've found something going on
But take your time, think a lot
Think of everything you've got
For you will still be here tomorrow, but your dreams may not

Son
All the times that I cried
keeping all the things I knew inside
It's hard, but it's harder to ignore it
If they were right, I'd agree
but it's them THEY know not me
Now there's a way and I know that I have to go away
I know I have to go
(father-- stay stay stay, why must you go and
Make this decision alone? )




3 comments:

  1. yay, my little sister praise for posting the video... yah, like i said, i took me a lot of guts to post this video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good father's day post buddy =)

    -Besty

    ReplyDelete
  3. ty bro besty ^^

    sorry in my video, a little off key ><... i might remake the video. I too nervous to sing at that time....

    ReplyDelete